If you need in-person servicetext the word PCCLB to (727) 472-4163
or click here to get in line online.
Make a Payment
IT’S TIME TO RENEW!
All State Registered and Locally Licensed Specialty Contractors and Journeymen must renew their license/registration every year between June 1 and September 30 for the coming license year.
New this year: Most State Registered contractors and Journeymen whose licenses are currently Active can renew online. Exceptions include State licenses issued by the Electrical Contractors Licensing Board who must register by mail, use our drop box, or visit us in-person.
If your license status is not Active, you cannot renew online. Calculate fees required to bring your license into compliance.
BEFORE YOU RENEW:
Your renewal may be delayed if you owe fines or fees.
Renewal fees are unchanged from last year. Insurance must be valid. You MUST confirm your address and provide a current email address to renew online.
PCCLB Specialty Contractors can only renew by mail, use our drop box, or visit us in-person. You MUST include your current insurance certificates and proof of successful completion of your continuing education requirements.
For inquiries, please contact us by email or telephone to help resolve any outstanding issues.
We investigate reports of unlicensed contracting. Please call (727) 582-6767 or submit a report online.
The Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) regulates certain construction and home improvement contractors practicing in Pinellas County, including all local municipalities. The agency is supported by the Contractor Licensing Department, which oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in the county.
Locations of PCCLB Meetings and Hearings:
Until further notice, all PCCLB Meetings will be held in the Magnolia Room at the Extension Services Building, 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo. All PCCLB Special Magistrate Hearings will be held in the BCC Assembly Room at the Pinellas County Courthouse, 315 Court Street, 5th Floor, Clearwater.
|January 25||July 19|
|March 15||September 20|
|May 17||November 15|
|January 11||August 2|
|February 8 - cancelled||August 23|
|March 10 - cancelled||September 7|
|March 22||September 20|
|April 5||October 4|
|May 3||October 18|
|May 24||November 1|
|June 7||November 15|
|June 28||December 6|
|July 20||December 20|
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
- Contractor Classifications / Work Descriptions
- Fee Schedule
- License Renewal Online - save time, renew online.
- Education Renewal Requirements
Specialty Contractors must have all education requirements satisfied and current in order to renew license(s) in 2021. Online renewals are not available for Specialty Licensed Contractors in a year when Continuing Education is required.
- Education Renewal Requirements
- Pay Fines:
- Submit Insurance Certificates to email@example.com
- Important Codes & Notices
- Local Amendments
- Notice of Action (April 23, 2018)
Resources for Consumers:
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - English - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor - Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List - A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business - A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips - Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor - Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law - How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams - Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
- Florida Building Codes
- Florida Independent Special District Information
- Florida Dept of Business and Professional Regulation
- Pinellas County Municode / Ordinances
- Pinellas County: