HURRICANE IAN ALERT
County offices will reopen
Contractor renewals extended to October 7, 2022.
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO HOMEOWNERS
PROTECT YOURSELF. If your home or business has incurred damage due to the storm, DON’T HIRE AN UNLICENSED CONTRACTOR. Before hiring any contractor, ask for their name and license number then use our Contractor Search feature to verify that they are eligible to work in Pinellas County. Report unlicensed contracting: (727) 582-6767 or submit a report online.
HB 735 - CHANGES MAY AFFECT YOUR LICENSE
HB 735 - If you are a locally licensed specialty contractor, the State has made changes that will affect your license.
STATE CERTIFIED CONTRACTORS
State Certified Contractors must
LICENSE RENEWAL DEADLINE:
The Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) regulates certain construction and home improvement contractors practicing in Pinellas County, including all local municipalities. The agency is supported by the Contractor Licensing Department, which oversees day-to-day administration, records maintenance, and contractor license investigations in the county.
Locations of PCCLB Meetings and Hearings:
Until further notice, all PCCLB Meetings will be held in the Magnolia Room at the Extension Services Building, 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo. All PCCLB Special Magistrate Hearings will be held in the BCC Assembly Room at the Pinellas County Courthouse, 315 Court Street, 5th Floor, Clearwater.
|January 10 - cancelled||July 11|
|March 14||September 12|
|May 23||November 14|
|January 24||July 18 - cancelled|
|February 23||August 1|
|March 7||August 15|
|March 21||September 19|
|April 18 - cancelled||October 17|
|April 25||November 21|
|June 20||December 19|
- Contractor Classifications / Work Descriptions
- Fee Schedule
- License Renewal Online - save time, renew online.
- Pay Fines:
- Submit Insurance Certificates to email@example.com
- Important Codes & Notices
- Local Amendments
- Notice of Action (April 23, 2018)
Resources for Consumers:
- How to Choose the Right Contractor - English - En Español
- How to Choose a Contractor - Tips and resources to help you make an informed decision
- Contractor List - A complete list of all Contractors in Pinellas County
- Check a Business - A database of complaints filed against businesses in the County within the last five years
- Consumer Tips - Get information and resources to help in planning your project or choosing your Contractor
- File a Complaint Against a Contractor - Instructions and forms to file a complaint
- Florida Lien Law - How to avoid construction liens on your property
- Home Improvement Scams - Protect yourself against unsavory characters or schemes and how to report them
- Florida Building Codes
- Florida Independent Special District Information
- Florida Dept of Business and Professional Regulation
- Pinellas County Municode / Ordinances
- Pinellas County: